Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Today's the 29th....

Kristen would have been two months old today! It's amazing how fast time has gone. It seems like years ago that I posted on our blog about the next morning going in to be induced and that hopefully all the findings on the ultrasounds would be reversed and we'd have a miracle baby....we still got a miracle baby, just not how we had hoped.

This last weekend we had a reunion with the other couples from our birth class. Out of ten couples, three of us had our babies on the same day! It was amazing to see all the babies at their different ages, one was almost three months old, and the youngest was just 4 weeks. I got to hold Casper, one of Kristen's birthday buddies. It was crazy to think that I would have had a baby that old by now. Kristen was to tiny and still, that holding a 2 month old seemed foreign!
We took Katelynn along so she could see all the babies and also so we wouldn't be empty handed. Casper has an older sister that came too so the two girls got to keep each other busy. I wasn't sure how I was going to do with all the sharing of birth stories and comparing of how parenthood is going. I did pretty well, only having a few moments where I felt a little out of place. It was when we took the photos of all the babies together that I really felt it. They lined them up according to age and that was when I knew someone was missing. Patti (our class instructor) and I had thought a few weeks ago that we could have Katelynn be in the photo with the babies but that didn't work out. It was still nice to be there to see everyone and a number of the other parents made sure to include us in their conversations. I am glad we went, and I did my best to be genuinely happy for the other parents, and I was....but it wasn't easy.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's very couragous that you went to the reunion! God has more blessings in store for you and your family!
    Prayers & Love, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara,
    I was very glad you decided to come to the reunion to share your story and to see all of us again. You have really been the "glue" that has held the group together since the class (starting the yahoo group, etc) which has been a real gift for us. I now subscribe to the blogs of the moms in the group, including yours. I posted two group photos on my smugmug page and you will get a link for it through the group. They turned out pretty well! I had to chuckle at the one where Koah is elbowing Casper in the eye. It shows how hard getting group photos can be! All the adults and "big kids" are very photogenic, though!
    God Bless, Sara Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were there. You have been the glue for our group. I hope we can all get together again too...and I hope we can all help you feel included and supported. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete