Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Daddy's Black Bonnett

So, this has been in the works for a while now. I knew that at some point I was going to get a tattoo of all my kids' hand prints. I was wondering how it would turn out whether to do hand prints on my back or on my arms or on my chest. So when Kristen was still in the womb I decided that the placement of such tattoos would be on my upper arms on both sides. Then Kristen was born and passed and all my plans went out the window. While we were at Tacoma General and many thanks to Sally, our nurse at the NICU at T.G., we got several really great foot prints of Kristen's. It was in those moments and days following Kristen's life celebration party that I decided to do Kristen's foot prints on my upper arms. Since we said she got her wings, I decided that I wanted angel wings surrounding her foot prints. After many hours on the internet and going to the library to look in books for wing designs, I was given a copy of a set of wings that I had in mind when I started looking for wings. Thanks Rick for the help.

I then started to do my research for a tattoo shop. Again, many many hours were spent on the internet trying to learn as much as I could about what to expect. I went to a shop in Tacoma, walked in an almost walked back out in the same breathe. I talked with the owner of the shop and was brushed off, like they were to busy to help me. Back on the internet I went. I found another shop online, this one in Puyallup. Tara and I stopped by one night, and needless to say I was impressed. The owner of this shop was not with somebody so we started talking. The information he gave me was great. I really liked the atmosphere of the shop, it was well lit and all 3 artists seemed to be pretty friendly. The next step was to look through the portfolios of each artist and decide which one I wanted. I came back when Mike, my artist, was working and gave him the general idea of what I wanted. It was fairly easy but there were some must have's in the design. It took him a couple of weeks to draw up my design.

So here I sit, 2 hours before my appointment and am nervously excited to get the first part of my tattoo started. It will be a 2 session tattoo, the first session will be about 2 hours only being able to do the outlining and shadowing of my design. The next session, in about a month, will be 2-3 hours and the one to add all the color to my design. I am really excited.....
So obviously the picture of my arm is before. Also Katelynn wanted a picture of her arm too, just like daddy. Keep checking back as I will be uploading pictures of my arm after it's done tonight.

Peace out.

K

1 comment:

  1. You need to post a pic of what has been done so far. It is so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete