Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Daddy's Black Bonnett Part 2.

Ok, so now that almost 24 hrs has passed, my arm is feeling like a mild sun burn. Tara and I were at the tattoo shop for a little over an hour and a half last night. My artist Mike did an outstanding job interpreting the couple of pictures that I gave him and turned those into a great memorial tattoo for Kristen.

So a little about the tattoo. I wanted angel wings, feet prints, and some form of information about Kristen but not much. Here are a couple of my ideas that I gave Mike to work with.



The picture to the left is obviously a picture of wings. I wanted wings that looked strong and powerful and not like the Valentine's Day angels that are cartoonish. I also wanted Kristen's foot prints to be encompassed by the wings, like the angel that the wings were attached to were protecting Kristen. I also wanted 18 main feathers towards the bottom of the wing. 18 for tribute to Trisomy 18. Along with the 18 feathers, 3 of them had to be different somehow. 3 to represent the 3 chromosomes that was a result of the Trisomy 18. 18th chromosome having 3 chromosomes instead of 2. Make sense? So Mike was given all that information and came up with this........


Now for what the outline looks like. Keep in mind that this will be a multi session tattoo job. The first session last night was just for the outline of the whole thing. Here's what I ended up with....
Again, there are 18 "main" feathers, 9 on each wing. 3 of those will be done differently than the others. I haven't decided how yet, either different coloring or shading or something. But they will be different. Again, this is just the first session. I will post more when I get more done. Let me know what you think.

Peace out

K

5 comments:

  1. Kevin - It Looks AWESOME! Great design. I look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, I'm so excited for your black bonnett! It's amazing at how true artistry can bring a story out. I'm looking forward to the next phase! God bless you and your family. Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool tat, Kevin! Look forward to seeing how it all turns out... but even just the outline is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tat! I like how you've incorporated all the elements...the feathers, the difference of 3 feathers, the wings, the footprints...very cool...I'm excited to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so awesome! And so meaningful. Kevin, I'm so glad you have found your black bonnet. It was so great to see you last weekend. I look forward to seeing your tatoo take shape! And the 3 could also represent her days on earth... It is so special you have her adorable footprints, soon to be forever on/by her daddy's side :)

    ReplyDelete