Thursday, October 9, 2008

Katelynn's First Train Ride!

I had to take some paperwork to our new dentist and since they're downtown, I thought it would be fun to take the light rail. It's the free train that goes through downtown Tacoma. We could have driven, but I figured for future dentist visits, she'd get to ride the train as an incentive! So we parked down by the Dome and road the train from the beginning to end, only about 4 stops, an 8 minute ride, but to a 2 year old, it was forever and SOO exciting!! Here's some cute photos.

The train started moving and she was so excited! We sat near the front so she could see ahead of us too.

She saw other people standing and holding the rails, so she thought she should too! (even though she was sitting! so cute!)

Here she is doing the sign for train. She did it for almost 2-3 minutes of the ride as she kept asking where the tracks were!

We finally made it to our destination and daddy was there too, so he took our picture! What a fun adventure! (Katelynn is plugging her ears because there was some jackhammering going on across the street.)

Although that was a lot of fun, I will definitely have to plan better for our next trip on the train. We parked a ways away from the station and the dentist's office is a bit of hike away from the station for a 2 year old. One way might be fun, but by the end of the whole round-trip, we were both pooped! I thought I would want the train to be her incentive, but I think we have a new one. They gave her a cookie at the dentist office, and if you ask her about her trip to the dentist the first word that comes out of her mouth is "cookie". (followed by "train") So we may not need the train ride afterall! Of course, it seems a little odd to be getting cookies at the dentist's office! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, cookies from the dentist's office does seem strange!

    It looks like she had fun, and what a fun Mom you are for thinking of it when I know it would have been so much easier just to have driven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get cookies at the dentist office too! I always thought it was kind of strange! I kinda feel guilty taking them. :-)

    ReplyDelete