Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to the everyday

It had been brought to my attention that with a few exceptions, this blog hasn't had too many "happy" posts. If you don't notice the date spans of each entry, you'd think I was a mess! I've used this as my outlet to process the occasional (and not so occasional) waves of thoughts, memories, ideas, and just plain brain fog that comes along with a loss. There have been weeks where I had something to post everyday, other weeks where it was all I could do to post once! Sometimes I've had content but no time, other days just no words. I've been finding that when things are "good" that I don't write because I am enjoying a few days of "good." But I had to remind myself that this blog originally started as a place to share our family's day-to-day with family and friends and I am going to try to get back to that. I guess I started feeling I had to write for the masses and the various "strangers" that would come across our site. But I would want them to know that life goes on just the same as I want them to see how one family deals/dealt with the loss of their baby. I want Katelynn to be able to look back at my entries some day and see that we still had fun as a family. I want to post about Katelynn's funny sayings, her first trip to the dentist, the fun we're having with potty training, playdates we have, what we learned at preschool, you know, the everyday stuff! And hopefully, one day I will be able to look back too and see that life is still good! We do have good days, more and more lately. And I need to chronicle those just as much as I have been the not-so-good days.
So I am hoping to post at least a few times a week, if not everyday. We'll see! I can guarantee, life with a 2 1/2 year old doesn't leave me lacking for content, but it does leave me lacking for time!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about the day to day life of the Balcoms...but please don't feel like you can't post about the not so good things...your feelings and such are just as important to you and your family!

    Bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta agree with Rachel... in that there is healing in the hard stuff. Thanks for letting us walk along side you during this season in your life that will span seasons for sure. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete