Wednesday, September 10, 2008

King of All Days

I heard a snippet of a song the other day and a particular line caught my attention. "King of all days..." It was referring to God and I had to think for a moment about the "all" part of the description. If He's the King of ALL days, that means He was King the day Kristen was conceived and her little life began; He was King the day she was born and the day she flew out of our arms, and He's still the King as I sit here today wondering what my life is going to look like in the next few moments, days, months, and years. Just because He was, is and will always be King, doesn't mean He wasn't (and may still be) weeping from His throne. It doesn't mean He hasn't sent every possible form of comfort our way in hopes of lessening the blow. And it most definitely DOES mean that in His infinite ways of being in all spans of time He's already punished the one that has caused this horrific event in our life. (And I can be assured that the punishment that He's capable of executing is far more powerful and eternal than anything I would ever be able to offer!!)
And I guess what amazes me at the moment, is that I am even able to express these thoughts that make it sound like I've got this "put together" perspective - when in any moment I'll get caught up in a different thought and start asking the unanswerable why questions and feel like I'm at the bottom of a pit! But I suppose He'll be King of that moment too.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tara

    Your moments and thoughts that you have posted and shared for the world are such a testimony of what a work Christ is doing in your life and in your families. Your ups and downs... for you to share those and make it true of past, present and future. God is at work. He is the King, each and Everyday.

    The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. 2 Timothy 4:18

    Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. - Hebrews 1:8

    In our prayers daily, Cari.

    ReplyDelete