Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby Ashley's Registry (per request!)

I've gotten a few e-mails/questions about this recently and so I figured I'd go ahead and post it.

If you had asked me 8 or even 5 months ago if we were going to have a shower for Ashely the answer was no. I was okay with the idea of having an open house type "shower" after she was born, but there was still fear lurking in the shadows of the "what if's" and I wasn't ready to face it. I had a friend that kept offering to host one, and was really excited to, but also understood that I may not be up for it. In the post I wrote about "Rubble" (part 1 and part 2) I explained why I was hesitant and what God did (and is still doing) in my heart and why I was going to move forward anyway.

It still took me almost a month or two to accept my friend's offer to throw us a shower. She was thrilled that I finally accepted because she had been praying that I would, but didn't want to bug me about it too much! She and her daughter have been working on it and it's been such a blessing to me to know they're so excited to do this for us. It would have been easy to be held back with fear but not them and they're bringing me with them!! God bless them! It's going to be with a small group of ladies that have been walking with me through this crazy journey and of course Big Sister Katelynn will be there. Which it ultimately came down to allowing her to be part of the celebration and preparation for this new family member and not trying to shield her from the "what if's". (mentioned in the blogs) But with a shower comes requests for a registry....

So to answer the questions, yes, we are "registered" for Baby Ashely, but not in your typical fashion. We found a site that offers an Alternative Gift Registry. We were able to create our own list of likes and desires aside from the typical stuff you'd find in a store. Things like meals, babysitting, house cleaning, among a few other things. So for all those that were/are curious, there you go!! :)

Taken from the registry:
Considering this is our third baby, we aren't in need of all those fun "first-time parents gotta have it" kinds of things.:) Although we know many of you want to still celebrate and shower Baby Ashley. (Thank you!)
We found this site as a way to mention some of the things we'd like that aren't available at your typical store. The items listed are just ideas. We know you all love our family and you are all so wonderful for showing us in your own ways! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment