Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More Crazy Shopping

Okay so this is actually two trips to the store. One for the non-fridge stuff while out with Katelynn, and then one after dinner by myself to get the rest. And I even made a trip to Fred Meyer in between too, but that's a different post as it was just for freezer jam ingredients! (awesome sale going on!)

So here's the rundown:
My total out of pocket was a little higher than normal: $52.64. However, that includes the crazy 17lb watermelon @ $.59/lb- it better be good!! ( for $10) and 5lbs of the half-price bacon (for $10). I also walked away with $17 in credit for my next purchase that I was going to use on these items but they wouldn't scan. They told me they weren't usable until the next day although one did work...oh well! I'll use them on the super cheap water I got rain checks for!
So out of pocket $52.64 - $17 in credit = $35.64
Total savings (including the credit) $121.82...not bad!!
So aside from the watermelon and the bacon, I got the REST OF IT for only $15!!!


So what did I get?: (other than the crazy watermelon and the bacon) :)
4 Cheez-Its @ $.50 each
Danonino Yogurt $.19
2 Dole Sensations FREE
Ortega Chiles $.38 each
Nestle Drumsticks $0.50
Nestle Mini Drumsticks $2.00 (pregnancy splurge!)
2 Tyson 100% Natural Breaded Chicken $2.99 each
Pepperidge Farm Cookies FREE (forgot to put in photo, they were the snack/reward for the day!)
Mission Tortillas $.04 (yes, 4 pennies!)
4 Del Monte Fruit Chillers $.99 each
Whole Wheat Tortillas $? These didn’t come out right and I’m just now noticing it!
12 Kellogg’s Cereals $1.50 each but this is how I got the $21 in credit so technically I was paid $.25 for each box!!


And to top it all off, as I walked out of the store there was a Proctor & Gamble Sunday coupon book/insert lying on the ground! More free money!!

Thanks to the ladies at the following blogs/websites - without your help, there'd be no way I could do this on my own! You put all the work into it and I just have to follow your lead! You tell me what coupons to get from where and how to match them up at the store with their sales. Thanks!
http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/
http://www.couponconnectionsnw.com/
http://www.thriftynorthwestmom.com/

3 comments:

  1. You should come to Australia and show me how to shop. I bought peanut butter for $6.50 last night. Peanut butter!!! Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Great job Tara! Thanks for supporting our site! You are fabuless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Tara. You do such a fantastic job of saving money! You go Girl
    Mom

    ReplyDelete