Monday, May 31, 2010

Blogs

Last night during one of Ashley's cluster feedings I sat at the computer and skimmed all my friends' blog posts that I've missed over the last two weeks. I didn't have my glasses with me so I didn't read them all, I just took in the quantity of what had happened since I was last in blog world. It was a blatant reminder that life still goes on outside of your bubble, when life inside of your bubble comes to a screeching halt.

I also realized how much I miss blogging. A friend of mine wrote in her blog profile "I write to find my voice, share my life, and purge my brain." Those are the same reasons I love(d) to write. I could sit and write about anything and feel better - even if it was about something silly Katelynn did that day, just writing felt good and made me feel good. But the last few weeks it's seemed like such a task to do so. Granted, I've been a little busy! But somewhere along the line I started writing for an "audience" and forgot what it was to simply find my voice, share my life or purge my brain. I want to get back to that. I need to get back to that. Not sure how I'll do it with a newborn and a very attention-needy 4 year old, but I've gotta try!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Tara. So.....How IS Ashley? Been checking here so often to see what the doctors think now about how she is doing after the birth experience and the hibernation approach. It sounds like you are home with her which is great. When you feel like it, I'd love to hear more.

    love,
    Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your whole family! I am very happy to hear that Ashley is home and "thriving beautifully" My stomach just dropped as I read your post on all the trauma, and then I felt relief to hear about how "feisty" Ashley is! :) It sounds like you are in for some active and crazy days ahead! :)
    Much love,
    Porsche Appleman

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you Tara and family. It must have taken an extraordinary amount of faith to not hugely panic. I'm so happy for you all. Can't wait to see more pictures. Love and blessings, Donna McFarland

    ReplyDelete