Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The gift that keeps on giving

What four-year-old doesn't love to draw? And what mom doesn't really care for all the scraps of paper that become "works of art" and can never be thrown away?! Well, as we were clearing out the spare room for all the baby stuff I found my old white board. I think I got it as a Christmas or birthday present when I was in elementary school and LOVED it!! Amazingly it still had the "house calendar" from right before I got married and almost even more amazing, it erased!! (7 years later! with a little help, but it is still usable!)  And as I'm thinking of it, dare I say this board could very well be 20-25 years old....no way, that's ridiculous!!!
So I scrounged up a handful of dry erase markers and let her go to town and boy has she! I wrote out the alphabet for her as she kept asking how to draw all her letters. So off she went writing her name and the whole alphabet!! Then she started drawing little families complete with moms, dads, little kids and babies!  Best part is she's totally content for quite some time just sitting on the floor coloring and it doesn't create a mess! AND, she's right next to me when I'm on the computer!
Thanks Mom & Dad for the gift that keeps on giving!! (and thanks Kevin for not making me give/throw it away over all these years of no-use!) :)

1 comment:

  1. See it pays to save some stuff. LOL
    I am so glad that the white board still is usable especially when it is SO OLD! Keep up the good work Katelynn. Love Grammy

    ReplyDelete