Saturday, December 20, 2008

Katelynn the "Baker"

So while mommy was trying to recover from the "bug" going around, I decided to make some cookies with Katelynn.


It began with a simple question. "Katelynn, do you want to make cookies with daddy?"The response.............

"We're going to make cookies" according to Katelynn. Priceless..............

So we begin. Of course you have to know, that we have discovered the wonderful world of Krusteez cookie mix in a box. These cookies aren't made from scratch. Some cookie mix and a little bit of water, and wallah, cookie dough, just add your favorite topping. Ours became peanut butter cookies because Katelynn liked the picture on the box. She grabbed one of the chairs from the table and pulled it over to where the stove and sink area are in the kitchen. I know her intentions were good, to help daddy make cookies. It changed quickly from helping me, to oh look at stuff in the sink, to "daddy can I turn the water on?" My response......."Ok but dont turn the water on too high, just have it trickle out of the fawcett." Agian, that lasted for only a few minutes. Next it turned into Katelynn wondering how much water the counter top will hold before it drips over the edge.........Is the image good enough in your head yet?

Yes, I finished making the cookies AND I got the privilege of cleaning up a nice big puddle of water. I love you Katelynn.........Maybe I should have named this post Katelynn the "Plumber."



3 comments:

  1. This is delightful!!! Treasure this. I'm reminded of when we found one of our young daughters having discovered a large jar of vaseline while "napping". Let's just say the results lasted past numerous baths and launderings. But, it's hard NOT to laugh at the time. Love you all!! Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you recover quickly, Tara! I can't wait till I can start "baking" with Abrielle, too! Thank you for your encouraging words about my grandma, I really appreciate this. :D) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom and Dad must have had some influence on your daughter playing in the water as they did with mine. they taught her how to play in a sink of water in Oklahoma and ever since then I have cleaned up water. Ryan

    ReplyDelete