Monday, December 8, 2008

Daddys Black Bonnett Part 2


So let me begin by saying that we are way behind in updating our blog. Sorry. This is at least a week and a half behind.

This was my second session in the completion of my tattoo. It was a 2 hour session. As Mike, my tattoo artist stated, this session was just to lay the "base coat of color" down. It's hard to see in the photo, but 15 of the 18 feathers have a purple undertone to them. 3 of them are orange. Again, the 18 feathers represents the genetic defect that Kristen had, Edwards syndrome aka Trisomy 18. The 3 orange feathers represents the 18th chromosome having 3 chromosomes. My next session will be the last one and will be a 3 hour session. In that session is when the colors will be blended more with blues and greens on the 15 feathers and the other 3 will have red and yellows added to them. Kristen's feet will be colored in, the whole thing will have shadows added to give the tattoo some dimension, and the ribbons will be finalized.

I had this done on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Within 2 days, it began to peel, unlike the outline which took about a week to start peeling. It was kind of weird having red and purple skin peel off. I have to try really hard not to scratch it as it really really itches.

The funny thing about having a tattoo is now Katelynn says "I want one, a red one." My response, when your 18. Oh the joys of an almost 3 year old.

1 comment:

  1. It is looking really good. Can't wait to see the final result. Talk to you soon.
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete