Sunday, November 16, 2008

Katelynn's First "Official" Haircut

I'd been saying for months that Katelynn needed a haircut. Daddy's been doing her bangs so she could at least see!! But with her major cowlick on the back crown of her head, she was looking pretty shaggy! :) I could get ponytails in but they'd only last a few minutes before she'd take them out.
So I broke down and took her to an official kids cut "salon" and reluctantly paid salon prices!! But I figured this would be her first time (and possibly her last!) so I wanted to do anything I could to make it favorable. Katelynn was excited about getting to sit in a fun airplane, but then realized there was an ulterior motive and didn't like it too much after that. The lady kept putting a new toy in front of her every few seconds and I could tell she was getting overstimulated. The cut took less than 15 minutes and looked really cute! She softened the edges and got the back to match the curly sides that are taking longer to grow. Hopefully the cut will encourage her hair to grow like everyone says it will! Here are some cute photos!

Before:

After:

We came home and Katelynn wanted me to take some photos of her so we took some! Ain't she cute!

People ask me "how do you do it?" referring to surviving the loss of a baby. I don't know for sure, but I do know that this little two and a half year old not only keeps me on my toes, but keeps me above water at the same time. I am thankful that she reminds me that life really does go on. Sometimes I don't feel like it will. But, then it does. She may be a handful, but she's a heartful of joy at the same time.

3 comments: