Saturday, March 20, 2010

K-A-T-E-L-Y-N-N

The other day Katelynn was off playing by herself with a pen and her paper chattering away about what she was writing. Not all uncommon for her. She then asked for her scissors to cut what she had made.Not uncommon either as that's what they do in school. I told her she just had to be sure all her pieces were picked up when she was done. She usually cuts her paper to resemble confetti. She did pick them up....much later...with a number of reminders. However, there was one piece she said she was keeping for Parker, a little boy in her class who I think sits at her table.

Well, last night as Kevin and I were picking things up in the family room, we found her special piece of paper that she was keeping....my jaw almost hit the floor! It was her name!! With no help, no asking "how do I make a K?", she did it all on her own and didn't even tell us!!  It took us a LOT of time and practice to do a K, those are tricky! And here she did her whole name.....wow!!  And I think it's Parker's name at the end, not sure. I'll have to ask her. :)  And I'm also impressed with her cutting job! Such a proud momma! :)
(since we had to have our computer completely wiped clean and everything reinstalled, I haven't reinstalled my photo program yet to be able to edit this photo. So you'll just have to put up with all the extra space! You should be able to click on it to enlarge it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment