Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 29 - we're in warp speed now!

Feels like I just posted about being at 28 weeks and here comes another baby-update e-mail welcoming me to Week 29! Here's what they have to say:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

It's been funny to see people's reactions to my belly - especially if they haven't seen me in a week or two. (and I suppose depending on what I'm wearing too!) Ashley's definitely getting bigger as she's not flopping around so much anymore, there's no room! But she's still wiggling & stirring enough to be a constant reminder that she's in there! Hard to believe there's only "officially" 11 weeks left. (I have to keep reminding myself that she could come as soon as 9 weeks or as late as 13 weeks.....gotta love how pregnancy reminds you of your lack of control and ability to plan!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment