Sunday, March 21, 2010

update to the crazy shopping weekend

So I made one more stop on the way home last night to cash in (almost literally!) on the cereal deal. And much to my delight there was a bunch of tea on clearance! I also bought the butter that we really needed - without a coupon! See I can do it when I have to!! (although it WAS on sale!)

So without all the details, here's the final tally for the weekend:
34 boxes of cereal (looking forward to giving some of it away!)
10 cans of 100% juice
6 bananas
4 Stash Teas
1 Pizza
1 tub of butter
1 bag of bendy straws
Value of groceries (if I paid full price):  $216.01
Total Cash Spent: $7.46
Total Saved: $208.55 (avg. 96.5% off!!)
with $11 credit for my next shopping trip!

Then today I was able to go to the local produce stand and stock up on fresh fruits & veggies with the "money left over". I'm heading to Walgreens this week for diapers which are on a good sale again - we're gonna need 'em pretty soon and I might as well stock up while they're cheap! I already have an $8 credit to cash in so I'm already starting ahead! Talk about stretching your budget! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment