Monday, January 26, 2009

Update on "the grand prize"

I have been asked by a number of people about what the prizes were. So here's a run down:
As a qualifier I got a gift certificate for a salon/spa up in Everett.
As Week 1's grand prize winner I get tickets to the Chris Tomlin concert in March.
I also get a VIP shopping trip from Marci Jewelery in Bellevue. They will send a limo to pick us up and take us to the store for a catered lunch and a private shopping time (I'm assuming with all the other winners of the contest) where we each will get to spend $1000!! I have NO IDEA what I'll get!! I'm not much of a fancy jewelery person but I would like a watch with Kristen's two birthstones in it. (August for her birth to earth and September for her birth to heaven.) And I've also thought about getting something for Katelynn in honor of Kristen. But we'll see once we get there!
But as I've said since the start, I entered the contest not even knowing what the "prizes" were. I really just wanted a chance to share a small part of Kristen's story and the radio station gave me a perfect opportunity through a very fun (and rewarding) avenue!!

3 comments:

  1. YEA!!! This is soooo cool! What a fun way to remember your peanut! Kristen is creating such neat memories for you guys! She...SHE STILL LOVES IN SPIRIT! And always will! YEA!

    If you get that watch...which I think is a great idea, get Katelynn's birstone in there too...just a suggestion. I like jewlery with all my kiddos in it! :)

    I am not abig jewlery wearer either, but trust me, if it is nice...you will wear it! Love you gal! CONGRATULATIONS! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhh, that was lives, but loves works too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! I'm so happy for you! What a blessing...

    ReplyDelete