Monday, January 26, 2009

Kristen's Story Won! Thank you!

Yeah! Kristen's story won last week's grand prize on the Spirit 105.3 Love Story Contest!!
They called the house this morning while I was on my way to MOPS but Kevin couldn't get to the phone. I had him call back the number from caller ID and they said to have me call the studio line. I tried for three hours and only got busy signals!! So they eventually called my cell phone around 12:30 today and told me I won. They asked me to tell them more about Kristen and I was honored to. I love getting to talk about that little girl! I don't know if it was recorded or not or if it will be put on the web. The one thing I feel kinda bad about is not giving more glory and credit to God after their comments of "your such a strong and amazing woman" or "it's amazing you can tell this story without bitterness". I know He deserves the credit because it if wasn't for Him I don't think we would have been able to keep breathing after September 1st. But here we are almost 5 months later and life continues to go on, the world continues to turn, and I continue to have moments of healing....like getting to tell Kristen's story on the radio! So without further ado, Thank you Jesus for getting me to the point where I want to and even can share Kristen's story. And thank you for all the blessings that have been received in correlation to this contest.

I have no way of thanking all the people that helped in voting for our story - so I really hope that they will find out somehow! If you passed on the encouragement to vote, please pass on the good news! And if you have your own story definitely submit it! Just as a qualifier you get a pretty great gift!! They will be doing it for three more weeks (counting this week).

Again thank you everyone who voted! Thank you for allowing me to share Kristen's story with you and thank you for helping me tell so many others!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! What a great way to spread the word of Trisomy 18, the realities of loosing a child, the sadness and yet love story it is, and the faith you have in Him. It is a great take on their otherwise "traditional" love stories and I'm so happy you chose to share it. Hugs and love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you for sharing Kristens story. I have no doubt that your story has encouraged many couples in similar situations and I know that it helps you to share your love story. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on winning. Love Mom and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tara!!!

    God Bless!
    Kathie Sosby, mom to Lorelai, full T18

    ReplyDelete