Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week 21 - officially past the half way mark!

I know I've been pretty bad about keep up with the weekly updates - but I figure most people don't keep track of their lives in weeks so missing a few of these won't hurt! If you can believe I'm already at 21 weeks! Technically "full term" is 40 weeks but baby can really come anywhere between 39 and 42. Either way, I've breached the half-way mark and it's going fast! I've only got 7 more weeks of my 2nd trimester and then it's the home stretch!

Here's the latest for the 21 week development update:
The baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. The initial fluttering movements are starting to turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges which is fun to feel. There's not the major development happening like in the first trimester with major organs and such, but they do say that the baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Next Monday is a routine check-up with the midwife and she said she'll do an in-office ultrasound to give us a better look at the baby for our own sake and hopefully check on gender. We're not holding our breath on the gender though! :) But we'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment