Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Katelynn!

Hard to believe Katelynn turned three this weekend! (on the 2nd) We had so many things going on this weekend that we’re taking today to just chill! My parents came over from Spokane and we had family photos taken on Saturday morning. We then went to Olympia to celebrate Katelynn’s Great Grandma Rosemary’s 80th birthday.







Sunday we had the red party with balloons she had asked for! It was great to have family and a few close friends around to celebrate her. We did the best we could to have everything red and she thought it was so fun.







Then Monday (her actual birthday) I decided to start a family tradition for her that my family had always done. We woke her up singing “Happy Birthday” each of us carrying candles, flowers and then she got to open a gift. (granted, she was already awake by the time we got it all ready and I told her to go lay back down for a surprise!) I don’t know if she really got what was going on, but it was fun just the same! Unfortunately, I had made Katelynn’s 3 year check up for that morning, thinking she didn’t have any shots coming and it would be easy and carefree. But they had a flu shot ready for her and that kind of put a damper on her day.







Later that day I had two girlfriends over and their three kids each – so with just two other families present we had 7 kids running around between the ages of 5 and 20 months! In the photo with them all on the couch, it looks pretty harmless. However, it was lunch time for everyone, nap time for most (including the birthday girl!) and considering I am used to one at a time, we'll just say I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to kiddo birthday parties! I am sure I'll have lots of exposure in the coming years, and this was just the start! (I am so glad the moms were here with them, they each pitched in to help with lunch and it was really fun!)
I won’t post all the photos from the weekend but here are a few to show she had LOTS of fun! Thank you to everyone who participated in one way or another!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katelynn! Have fun being 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great picture of all the kiddos! I love it!

    ReplyDelete