Sunday, April 26, 2009

Green is good - in more ways than one!

I just got back from the "JBF Sale" (Just Between Friends). They're a nationwide franchise company that does local consignment sales. I heard about it a few weeks ago and decided to actually be a consignor about 10 days ago! It was a little crazy getting everything ready but I was able to move quite a few items! The nice thing with this is people are getting kids' stuff (and maternity) in good condition at better than Craig's List prices and we're getting to sell them at better than yard sale prices. Not to mention it's all done in one weekend and you don't have to have people coming and going. I had a few things I've listed on CraigsList a number of times in the past and they sold right away for twice what I was asking on CraigList!!

They have a pretty amazing tagging system where you enter your items online and print out barcode tags that you then attach to each item. Then as they are purchased it records it and you can track your sales at the end of each day via their online website. They allow you to donate any unsold items and on Sunday it's 50% off on items the owners agreed to sell for that price.

There were a few glitches with the computers so not all my sales are listed yet, but as of tonight my check should be around $180. Not bad! I'll put some of it towards Katelynn but I am really looking forward to getting me some summer clothes! A lot of the clothes were my maternity clothes that either didn't fit very well or that I wasn't going to be wearing again. So I figure I can use some of the money to get me some "real clothes."

But probably the biggest triumph is that all our baby bottles are gone! Yippee!! I packaged them up and they all sold the very first day! I figured that some of them were already pretty old as I had gotten them as pass-downs, and now we can start FRESH next time around! And Katelynn knows there's no more bottles. :)

So when it's all said and done, I was able to do something "Green" by recycling a number of items (not all clothing either), people got some really good deals, the associated charity got some really great things too, and I get Green in my pocket! I think that could definitely be considered a win-win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment