Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Zuchinni Bread Update

My 1st batch of Zuchinni and Banana bread is down to it's last muffin so I decided it was time to make some more! As with most baked items, the once kinda gooey muffins got plenty dry by the end of the bag so this time I'm going to be fine with them being moist when they first come out.

My 2nd batch of Zuchinni bread is in the oven and I'm excited for the results! This time I added 2 full scoops of the vanilla whey powder, 4 TBS of soy protein powder, a full cup of apple sauce, I didn't have the Greek yogurt so I just added 1/2 cup of vanilla fat free yogurt, omitted the veg oil, and used zuchinni AND yellow squash since I had both. I also decided to skin them partially this time before I sent them through the Cuisinart.

The good news is that the points actually went down a bit because the amount of servings went up. I was able to make 24 mini (20gm) muffins, 11 regular (50-60gm) muffins, and fill one regular sized loaf pan (700gm). So when it comes down to points per serving, it's still just two points with one serving being 3 mini muffins, 1 regular muffin or 1 slice of the loaf (assuming I can cut it into 12 slices).

HOWEVER.....I just tried one of the mini's and found that a bunch of the muffin gets stuck on the paper. (I should've sprayed them! Forgot to jot that down last time to make sure I did it this time..oh well.) So the nerd in me just had to know how much of my muffin I was losing. :) So I weighed it and there's almost 6 gms left on the paper!! So if you have 3 minis that's almost a whole mini worth being left on your papers! So maybe you should have 4 minis for 2 points since you're gonna lose that extra one on the paper!? :) ha ha

I'm looking forward to inputting the data into a nutritional value calculator and find out how much goodness there is in it! :) But I figured with 94 grams of protein just from the whey and soy powders, that's at least 3 grams of protein per muffin! Not to mention what you get from the rest of the ingredients!

VERDICT: They're good! They are definitely a bit sweeter than the last batch. And Kevin actually ate one and said it wasn't bad - he may have even said it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment