Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cupcakes for Kristen

On our way home from church today I asked Katelynn what she thought we should do to remember Kristen on her birthday. "Let's make cupcakes" was her first answer. We had already talked about that, so I said "Sure! What else?" "And candles too." "Okay. Anything else we can do to remember her?" She thinks for a minute and then says "Happy Birthday presents!" To which I replied, "Oh Honey, Kristen isn't here to open presents." She quickly answers enthusiastically, "That's okay, I can open her presents for her!"
So I of course had to ask what kind of presents we should get. She went through a whole list of presents sounding much like a shopping list for her! "a new skirt with leggin's, a shirt, some tights, and maybe some socks." Then out of no where she added that we should buy sippy cups. I think cupcakes will do. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a funny post. Thought of you guys this weekend and hoped you were doing alright. If you weren't that's OK too. No timeline on grief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you decide to go shopping, I have a list too : )

    ReplyDelete